Young people between the ages of 6 and 25 make up 28% of our community in Chigwell.
Services and activities for young people in our community are limited due to many factors, including decentralising of services and local schools being amalgamated and closed.
Bucaan Community House operates our Crewative Arts Program for young people in Chigwell aged 12-17 years old.
Check out our timetable for details.
Child Safety Statement of Commitment
- BCH is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- We believe children when they raise a concern or make an allegation
- BCH is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. We have robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers, and are committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
- If you believe a child is at immediate risk, phone 000.