We would be honoured if you were to consider leaving a gift in your Will to Bucaan Community House Inc.
Bequests in support of our work change lives and have a huge impact on our community. A gift, no matter how small, is valued, appreciated and used effectively.
Our promise to you:
- We understand that remembering your family and loved ones is your first priority when making your Will.
- If you include Bucaan Community House Inc in your Will, we would love to hear from you. However, we respect your wish not to tell us and we won’t keep asking you.
- We will use your gift effectively and with integrity and respect.
- We will use your gift for the purpose for which it was given.
- We acknowledge your Will is a personal document and that you have the right to change it at any time.
- Your privacy is paramount to Bucaan Community House.
Types of gifts you can leave
A charitable gift can take a variety of forms including:
- Residuary – the remainder of an estate after specific gifts have been disbursed
- Percentage – a percentage of either the residue or the entire estate
- Pecuniary – a specific gift of cash
- A specific asset – real estate, shares, bonds or other particular items of value
Both residuary and percentage gifts are the most effective in helping ensure the provision of our services long into the future as they hold their value over time.
Wording for your Will
If you do find yourself in a position to leave a gift to Bucaan Community House Inc, here is some suggested wording:
“I give and bequeath to Bucaan Community House Inc (ABN 30 306 230 012)
• The rest and residue of my Estate, or
• ____ percent of my Estate, or
• ____ percent of the residue of my Estate, or
• The sum of $ ____________, or
• The specific gift of ____________.
free of all duties and testamentary expenses for its general purposes and I direct that the receipt of that organisation shall be sufficient discharge to my executors for this bequest.
I declare that the receipt of the Chief Executive Officer or designated Officer of Bucaan Community House Inc shall be sufficient discharge to my Executors and Trustees.”
The full legal description that should always be used to describe the charity in a Will is: The Trustee for Bucaan Community House Inc, ABN 30 306 230 012, 8 Bucaan Street, Chigwell Tasmania 7011.
General purpose bequests give Bucaan Community House Inc the flexibility to direct them to where they are most needed.
If you would like to discuss a bequest for a specific program, please contact our team in confidence on (03) 6249 5363.
We strongly suggest you obtain advice from a legal expert.
The Public Trustee also has information about making bequests.